January 15, 2011

6:22 PM
My best friend from home came this week-end and we spent the day exploring D.C. Our first stop was the Newseum, despite the steep admission cost it was a wonderful museum. We spent the morning happily wandering through the exhibits before posing on the observation deck.
After grabbing a quick lunch with an old college friend of Liz's we hopped on the metro to go to the National Cathedral. We got off the metro a stop early and took a (uphill) walk on Cathedral Avenue which weaves through a perfect D.C. neighborhood. Once we got to the cathedral Liz and I couldn't put our cameras down.
The outside of the National Cathedral.
Since the cathedral was almost closing for the day Liz and I were able to take tons of shots without a ton of people in them. This is my favorite one I took of the inside of the church.
This picture reminds me of my Dad whose love of flags (and stained glass) is unmatched.
We came. We saw. We took a self timer photo.

We then headed back to Federal Triangle and grabbed a cup of coffee and took a evening stroll on the National Mall on our way back to the car. This is the last picture of a wonderful day spent in DC with my favorite traveling companion.
The Capital looks beautiful all the time.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.